Messed up Airport.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mikelong622, Jul 19, 2007.

1. mikelong622 macrumors 6502

Ok. First off, let me just tell you all that I have no knowledge whatsoever of routers, or internet connection or any of that. I don't know how to program a router, all I know how to do is click on my airport icon and select my internet connection.

Lately, my internet has gone out about every hour of use or so. My 3 room mates who are on the same router (2 apples, and a gateway) have had no trouble at all with theirs. Is my airport card bad? Will apple be able to tell? Help?

Thanks,
    Mike

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

What apps are you running? There's an Apple Hardware Test which came with your Mac and from memory, it tests the AirPort card. That could be a good place to start. It's either on a separate CD or it's on the first install DVD. if it's the former, boot with it in the drive and hold C. If it's the latter then hold D. :)

3. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

4. mike dunx macrumors regular

yea mine does this too. i have the new santa rosa 2.4 ghz. sometimes the internet will just stop loading, and i'll have to turn off airport and turn it back on for it to work again.

5. anothermacaddic macrumors member

My BB overheats and kills the airport connection requiring a sleep/awaken or restart. Ive gotten a new airport card and it didnt help, also the fan checked out fine. I was told to use a fan pad if I am using it for more than one hour. Might want to monitor those temps.

6. mikelong622 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah I installed 10.4.10 and ever since then this has been happening. Should I bring it in to Apple and see what they say or should I just try and downgrade to 10.4.9?

7. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew