Messed up display

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by we are psu, Aug 25, 2009.

1. we are psu macrumors newbie

I've had my Macbook (Alum) for about 10 months now. I haven't had much problems til the other day.

On occasion, the right side of the screen will flicker very faintly. I didn't consider that to be a serious problem as I rarely noticed it and it didn't happen frequently.

Yesterday, there was vertical line about an inch thick that went black, and was flickering other colors as well. This happens when I move the screen as if I was going to close it or push it backwards. Sometimes it won't go away, other times I'll get lucky and it will. However it's a pain in the butt and shouldn't be malfunctioning.

I didn't drop it or anything like that, and it is still under warranty. I was just wondering how do you think the Genius Bar would handle it? I made an appointment for later in the week. Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

So long as you can reproduce it when showing it to one of the geniuses they should send it in for a screen replacement, logic board replacement, or something else. Really depends if it's a screen, a GPU or a cable issue...could be a few things.

3. Cyclo0n macrumors newbie

Cyclo0n

Hi, I got the same problems as you and went to the Geniusbar 2 weeks ago. They told me it was a common problem with the uMB graphicscard. Mine is also 10 months old (oct.) and has a vertical flickering stripe (1" thick) when I have darker colors on my screen. So go to the Geniusbar its free of charge as long you can show them.

4. we are psu thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks a lot! Glad it's just not me. I'm taking a visit to the genius bar Sunday. How long did it take to get repaired?

5. creon macrumors 6502

Its reasons like these that I love my Mac. Somethings broke you take it in to a store and it gets fixed fast.

My hard drive was replaced and in 4 hours.

My sisters Dell: 2 months.
    :apple::apple: