Messed up my iPhone - Jailbreaking

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hustle, Dec 30, 2007.

1. Hustle macrumors 6502a

I jailbroke my 1.1.2 02-UK iPhone and everything was fine, however I changed some of the system sounds in Customize. Today, the program froze and wouldn't open, so I uninstalled it and reinstalled it and now when i try and go to system sounds and change any of the sounds, i just get a picture of my wallpaper and the top bar with the signal and time etc....

Is there any way to fix this without repairing through iTunes. It took me a while to jailbreak the phone and i don't really want to do it all again.

Thanks.

2. thesheephair macrumors member

3. Hustle thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ugh. I can't be bothered at the moment. It's just anoying having some women say 'Someones left you a voicemail'' when i've got a text message.

4. Chrysaor macrumors 6502

You can do it manually very easily.
    System sounds are kept in /System/Library/Audio/UISounds. To change SMS received sound, you have to replace sms-received.caf. Customize probably backed up your old system sounds, so if you want the stock one back you have to overwrite it with the one from back up.

5. Hustle thread starter macrumors 6502a

I have 1.1.2. I don't think i can access the audio files. I'll have a look in the minute.