Messed Up Pixel

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by 11204, Aug 20, 2011.

1. 11204 macrumors newbie

Hello everybody, I'm new to the forums and came for some help with my mac. As the title implies, there is a messed up pixel on my screen. I've done my own research to no avail. I was originally planning on taking it to my local Apple Retail store, but I read that they would only replace it if it had more than one pixel like this. I've already restarted the laptop, and that didn't work.
    I've also come to realize that it's not just a stuck pixel, because it is magenta on white, but not visible on black.
    Oh and if you want to know, It's a 13-inch MacBook with an Intel Core 2 Duo processor. I'd be glad if someone can help, and thanks in advance.

2. ideal.dreams macrumors 68020

ideal.dreams

I would take it into the Apple Store then, if it's local and not too far out of the way. Their policy is that they generally only replace an item with a broken pixel if it has a few, not just one, but I read on here that someone else had just one and the Apple Store gave them a replacement, so you might get lucky. The Apple employees have been known to be generous like that, so like I said - if the store isn't out of the way, it can't hurt to try!

3. 11204 thread starter macrumors newbie

I guess I can try that in the morning, but I would like to know if there's a better fix, because I can't live without my laptop for even like 4 days. But thanks for the quick response!

4. 11204 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well now I have discovered the exact problem. I have a green sub pixel that is always off. So basically it won't show in a color that doesn't contain green. But most web pages are white, which contains all colors so it shows! :confused:

5. ideal.dreams macrumors 68020

ideal.dreams

They replace it on the spot.

6. 11204 thread starter macrumors newbie

7. 11204 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, they said they'd only fix it if 5 or more pixels got stuck. Just Great.