Messed Up Ringtone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ghsNick, Oct 14, 2011.

1. ghsNick, Oct 14, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2011

ghsNick macrumors 68020

ghsNick

So I synod these 3 Ringtones (Deleted Festival) and it's still on my phone...I unsynced all the ringtone and Festival stayed on there...it won't leave my iPhone.

Any suggestions on how to remove Festival?

UPDATE - I realized I had one version of the Ringtone Festival...I added another part of the song in a second Ringtone and it was named the same "Festival".

So when I unchecked both Festival's one stayed on there...it seems to be stuck on my phone...Anyone have any suggestions?

Attached Files:

2. forza69 macrumors 6502a

forza69

I have "The Son of Flynn" as my ringtone too :D

Did you try rebooting the phone?

3. ghsNick thread starter macrumors 68020

ghsNick

How Do I re-boot it?
    I turned it off.

I don't want to restore it to factory settings...but I can't believe it won't delete it.

I made all those ringtones in iTunes and deleted them all....don't know why it's not erasing.

HELP!

4. forza69 macrumors 6502a

forza69

Hold down the sleep/wake button and the home button at the same time until the phone shuts off. Let go of the sleep/wake button and keep holding the home button until it turns back on.

5. ghsNick thread starter macrumors 68020

ghsNick

I'm trying it now...this is really bugging the crap outta me.

I just reset it and it looks the same...there's no way to erase a ringtone from within the phone?

I even reset my iTunes...for some reason it won't leave?

----------

It wasn't doing this an hour ago...my iPhone has been backing up...is there any way to make my phone the way it was an hour ago like Time Machine works?

6. ghsNick, Oct 14, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2011

ghsNick thread starter macrumors 68020

ghsNick

Still trying everything and it's not deleting off the phone!

7. ghsNick thread starter macrumors 68020

ghsNick

I'm desperate...

Ok...I'm thinking abut Restoring my iPhone from iTunes and then Using my Last backup to re-upload.

Somehow this Ringtone Festival is hidden in my iPhone and won't be removed.
    I'm surprised this hasn't happened to anyone before and that no one knows how to fix it.

8. ghsNick thread starter macrumors 68020

ghsNick

9. ScottNWDW macrumors 65816

ScottNWDW

Did you try swiping the ringtone name left to right like when deleting an email. That may work.

10. Identity Fraud macrumors 6502

I have the same problem, I havent found a fix yet. I've removed all ringtones from iTunes, applied. It remained. Changed the file names of all my ringtones and again synched with no change. Somehow it's stuck within the iPhone files system, it still works too. If there was a way to easily access the iPhones file system it'd be removable. Hopefully someone a bit more knowledgeable will be able to answer before I give up and just start from scratch.

11. Confuzzeled23 macrumors regular

Hey,
    Not helpful but I am experiencing the exact same issue. Deleted all ringtones and still one stubborn one will not delete. I am not restoring my phone for this, it is just annoying to see two of the same ringtone since I had to fix it and put it back on. Now I have two ringtones... but iTunes shows only the one I want on there. I also have one that will not delete off of my phone. It's not a big issue, just OCD acting up.

Hope someone finds a fix!