Messed up the calculator app...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by GlassBullet, Aug 29, 2009.

1. GlassBullet macrumors regular

GlassBullet

So yesterday I was trying to get a new skin for my calculator app. I downloaded one off the internet but I couldn't get it to apply with winterboard. I tried doing it manually by SSHing into the Calculator app, copying all the files below all the folders (the images and a couple .plst things) onto my computer, then replacing them on the phone with the new images I download. Well when I tried to open the app it crashed within a fraction of a second back to the springboard. I tried deleting the new files and putting the old ones back on, but that didn't help.

What do you recommend doing to fix this? Is there a place to download the default calc app from? And if not, what do you recommend as a replacement calculator app?

EDIT: Forgot to mention, I have a 3GS running 3.0.1

2. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

Well, this would probably be better suited for the iPhone Hacks forum, but my only suggestion would be to do a complete restore, that would get everything back to default.

3. SashaFierce Guest

SashaFierce

4. GlassBullet thread starter macrumors regular

GlassBullet

Yea i guess it would be. My bad.

And I don't really need the calculator badly enough to restore the whole thing seeing as I have it jailbroken and many things installed.

If i were to restore, what is the best way to back-up packages from cydia, if there is a way?

5. pintnight macrumors 6502

I do! I use the scientific mode since I'm a computer programmer.

6. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

Any backups you make will most likely end up carrying the problem over with you when you restore.

7. GlassBullet thread starter macrumors regular

GlassBullet

well the problem was with me messing up the files on SSH. I didn't use cydia to do it. I'm talking about backing up like backgrounder and themes and stuff

8. bradenwh macrumors 6502

You could just have someone give you the Calculator app and you could replace it. A restore isn't necessary.

EDIT: Here's a link to mine. Just unzip it and just put the Calculator.app in /Applications and overwrite the one you have. Good luck. :)
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/3y42mxk3owm/Calculator.zip

9. GlassBullet thread starter macrumors regular

GlassBullet

thanks, but it didn't fix the problem