Messed up the Dock with Candybar...want to reset

Discussion in 'macOS' started by bobfitz14, Jun 3, 2010.

1. bobfitz14 macrumors 65816

bobfitz14

so i've had my MBP for about 3 weeks now and i was glancing through the June Desktops 2010 thread and found this post. i wanted to tweak my dock into the same kind of style and i found Gill Sans Text Dock Icons through deviantart.

after atempting to follow the instructions i was told to install CandyBar, which i did, and i was able to change some of my icons on the dock so i continued. well most of them didn't change, and after trying to mess around with it for a long time i'm just giving up but i have noo idea how to change the dock icons from the Gill Sans Text Icons back to the original OS X icons.

can anyone help me!?

if needed i can take a screenshot and upload it to show you my dock.

2. Gregg2 macrumors 603

HD/Users/YourUserName/Library/Preferences/com.apple.dock.plist

Pull that file out of there and place it on the Desktop.
    Restart. This will create a new default plist file.
    Your Dock should now return to the way it was when you first got the computer, assuming it was new.

3. bobfitz14 thread starter macrumors 65816

bobfitz14

4. Gregg2 macrumors 603

I hope that means it worked, not just that you appreciate getting a response.

5. bobfitz14 thread starter macrumors 65816

bobfitz14

to be honest i was able to reset it a few minutes before i saw your response through setting everything back to default in CandyBar and logging out and shutting down my MBP a couple times, had that not worked i definitely would have done what you suggested:)