Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

92WardSenatorFE

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 29, 2008
USA
Hi all :)

I've recently did the switch to Mac (and I love it!). But I'm having an issue with MSN Messenger for Mac [7.01], and I was wondering if anyone could shed any light on how I could fix this.

Anyway, when I go to change my Display Picture, I choose the display picture, however it won't let me click OK. It's highlighted blue, and I can click on it, however it just won't accept. Its like if I was clicking on a grayed out option, yet it isn't. It could just be a simple setting, I've no idea.

Anyway, I'm running it on an Early 2008 MacBook / 10.5.6.

Thanks!

92WardSenatorFE

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 29, 2008
USA
sounds a little odd. Try re-installing Messenger and see if that fixes it

Just tried that, still no luck. I don't know if this is normal, but I also get a volume icon on my desktop of Microsoft Messenger when I open it. (Like a drive, and it won't let me eject it until i close messenger).

Is that normal?

islandman

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2006
Interesting one. If reinstalling doesn't work, then I have no idea! Have you tried repairing permissions on your startup disk lately?

92WardSenatorFE

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 29, 2008
USA
Interesting one. If reinstalling doesn't work, then I have no idea! Have you tried repairing permissions on your startup disk lately?

Haha, you've already lost me. All my settings should be the standard from what was pre-installed.

---Update: If it helps, i use iChat AV without any problems w/ display icon or anything.

Ghil

macrumors newbie
Jan 8, 2009
Quebec
do this:
Applications > Utilities > Disk utility

Select your hard drive, and do repair permissions, see if it helps.

Alternatively, I might suggest that you try Adium, wich is a nice native alternative to MSN.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.