Messenger 8 for Mac + Adium

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by xyanide14, Nov 30, 2010.

1. xyanide14 macrumors newbie

Hey guys, lately when I try logging into adium and/or messenger 8 for mac, both of them fail to log me in. I don't understand why I can't login since yesterday, its getting frustrating.

2. Muscle macrumors regular

Mine started acting up today as well on Adium. I freeze at "Sending Cookies 100%".

Did some search and came up with this

Seems like MSN Messenger is having some issues.

3. xyanide14 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yea, mine freezes on sending cookies 100% as well. After waiting for about 10 mins, it managed to login. I'm scared to logg off now LOL, but hopefully they will fix this in time.

4. Muscle macrumors regular

how did you get it to work? Mine has been stuck for the past 5 hours

5. xyanide14 thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm not sure, i guess i got lucky. Waited about 10 mins after re-installing it. Now i have the feeling if i log off, it won't login anytime soon.

6. jon08 macrumors 65816

Same here!

7. bigjobby macrumors 65816

Mine takes ages to login. All was working fine for me with the beta version but the trouble all started when I installed the release that came with OfM 2011.

Adium is not an option for me as I frequently use video chat to communicate. Not sure if Adium is able to achieve this.

8. jon08 macrumors 65816

Adium works fine for me today, though last night it had issues - the "Sending Cookie 100%" thing...

Btw, can sb tell me if it's possible to import custom emoticons from Microsoft Messenger to Adium?

9. Muscle macrumors regular

my issue was also resolved. didn't really do anything to fix it, just relaunched adium and bam, I'm logged in.