Messenger (all of them) for Mac -troubles.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Benjaminhuyghe, Oct 13, 2008.

1. Benjaminhuyghe macrumors newbie

Hello,

I've had this macbook (my first mac) for about half a year now and never had any problems with Messenger for Mac;
    However just now a friend logged on to his Messenger-account (a gmail one) on my laptop/messenger for Mac, all good and well so far ,
    but now I can't log in on mine anymore;
    when I log on on Messenger for mac (I have downloaded version 7, but this didn't help) it just says that my password is incorrect or or that my e-mail address is inexistant.
    When I log on on Adium (wich I have recenty downloaded) I get pretty much the same thing.
    When I log on Amsn ( this never actually worked :s ), it keeps connecting, it never makes the actual connection I think

Now I've
    -checked my password a dozen of times, I can even still log on on my gmail e-mail inbox etc. so that's not the problem.
    - I've checked my Windows Live Status and it's up and running
    - I have gone to my fire-wall tab to make sure it allows those 3 programs, but no improvement.

Mac is all good and well, but I've never had msn-problems on my -now in the trash- Windows computer, ... so ..err..
    please help asap

:apple: is still the best
    - for now

2. Benjaminhuyghe thread starter macrumors newbie

(Bump)
    Still no reply/sollution,
    getting desparate

3. ShaunC macrumors member

yeah im in a simular problem

adiums the only one that works but that constantly crashes

i took my settings from adium and put them into msn messenger but that just says that im not connected to the internet

and amsn connects but wont connect to the switchboard :(

4. gusious macrumors 65816

gusious

5. furiousbelly, Oct 23, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2012

furiousbelly macrumors newbie