Messenger - doesn't want to show me messages!

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Apps' started by madmads, Oct 21, 2016.

1. madmads macrumors regular

madmads

So I've got an AW2 and I get the notifications from messenger on my watch but I can't always read them. It's like the app crashes. So end up getting my phone out which defeats the object!

Anyway I've used Google and tried the fix with changing an auto response. Works for a while and then goes back to not working.

I've tried force quit and unpairing and repairing and again out works for a while and then stops working again.

I'm getting frustrated, is it a watch issue or an app issue?

2. OverSpun macrumors 6502a

OverSpun

Assuming that you are talking about the FB Messenger, mine has not worked since I got my AW2 but it worked fine on my first Watch a couple years back. Still doesn't work right...

Doesn't sync right, it shows messages from last year and nothing current from today or yesterday.

3. mrt.plt macrumors newbie

mrt.plt

I have the AW0 (with the latest watchOS) and while I get notifications for my facebook messages every time I open the messenger app it takes at least 5 minutes to load all the new messages

4. Cogsworth macrumors 6502

Cogsworth

I've been having the same problem with FB Messenger app on my Series 0, the app loads but just a blank screen for several minutes until it finally loads messages. Must be a buggy app.

5. Bazooka-joe macrumors 68000

Bazooka-joe

I haven't experienced any issues on my AW2. It pings up the message on my watch before my phone.

6. mrt.plt macrumors newbie

mrt.plt

It shows messenger notifications. But if you open the messenger app, it loads for some minutes without updating the messages.

7. wba1990 macrumors member

wba1990

Was there ever a fix for this?

I will get notifications for Facebook Messenger when I get a message but think that's a standard notification because of my phone

However the app on the AW just refuses to load up this is all I get:
    IMG_2736.PNG