messenger for mac help

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by bernler, Mar 30, 2008.

1. bernler macrumors newbie

I know on messenger for windows when you send a text to a mobile device they can respond to your computer. How do you set this up on messenger for mac?

2. thegilly macrumors member

Which messenger for Mac are you using/meaning? Which software? Which protocol? Yahoo! Messenger? AIM? MSN? I don't honestly know if it's possible with any of these, but I don't have a clue where to start researching without a wee bit more information. :)

3. bernler thread starter macrumors newbie

messenger for mac

in messenger for windows i know they can just hit reply to thetext and it goes to the computer. In my messenger for mac it states in the message box that that i will not receive an instant message response. I am not sure if this setting can be changed. I cant find where to change this setting.

4. bernler thread starter macrumors newbie

I am using microsoft messenger 6.03

i believe this is the latest version

5. BlakTornado Guest

BlakTornado

You can't.

MSN for Mac is severely outdated and Microsoft really needs to get it's act together.

Apparently a new on is in production, but I wouldn't rely on it. Best to put our hopes in something like www.adiumx.com to get this functionality instead (although it's unlikely).

I don't think there IS a solution for you. Sorry. I guess you'll probably have to use a mobile cell phone again =\