Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

polo3400

macrumors member
Original poster
May 17, 2010
Behind you!
hi im new to the forums and excuse me if i have put this in the wrong place but i recently got messenger for mac, i was talkin to my friend and he used alot of custom emotions but i could not see them for some reason , any idea on what to do??

i have another problem late on at night i logged in and about 30 seconds later every time messenger for mac freezes and i dont know what to do. im using messenger:mac 8 beta as i need the option to be able to video call

please help!

Floris

macrumors 68020
Sep 7, 2007
Netherlands
I do not know how far the emoticons from adium x extend, but i use adium x (all in plain text at least) for facebook, myspace, msn, icq, aim, yahoo, irc, etc. One program for all logins, even multiple ones. It's great. Low on resources, doesn't freeze, runs for months uninterrupted. Personally, I do not care bout 500px big fonts in red and 300 different emoticons. I turned that off as soon as i got adium x installed (which is free btw).

But perhaps it fixes your problems, you can at least install it alongside msnr.

polo3400

macrumors member
Original poster
May 17, 2010
Behind you!
I do not know how far the emoticons from adium x extend, but i use adium x (all in plain text at least) for facebook, myspace, msn, icq, aim, yahoo, irc, etc. One program for all logins, even multiple ones. It's great. Low on resources, doesn't freeze, runs for months uninterrupted. Personally, I do not care bout 500px big fonts in red and 300 different emoticons. I turned that off as soon as i got adium x installed (which is free btw).

But perhaps it fixes your problems, you can at least install it alongside msnr.

Can you do video calls on it?

Floris

macrumors 68020
Sep 7, 2007
Netherlands
Can you do video calls on it?

I didn't know you could do emoticons in vid.. oh wait, real life ones I guess.
Yeah, no, i don't so .. i don't know if that's the case. I use Skype for all my online video casting. (can't wait for Skype to have 5 way cam support on the mac).

Rendergroup

macrumors member
Dec 13, 2009
Perú (South America)
I have trouble to login to MSN, the Beta version (8) was working fine, then I downgrade to the official version (7.x) to try if the beta version was the problem, nothing... I logged then all my contacts appeared offline and blocked :mad: asking me if I wanted to "re-autorize" again (imagine if you have more than 80 contacts...

I have also Adium installed and works fine, I don´t know who else have this problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.