Messenger for Mac troubleshoot....

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by MrRoyksopp, Aug 9, 2010.

1. MrRoyksopp macrumors regular

Hello.
    - Here, a few days ago, my messenger started to do some pretty stupid things. A morning when I logged in, all my contact suddenly were blocked, but I fixed it.
    But now, when I log in, I get requests from all my contacts, who already are on my contact-list, and I get those requests every time I log in. And also when I then write to one of my contacts, they see me as offline.
    - How can that be? Hope anyone can help me, any solution?

- Sorry for bad English, im Danish.

Thanks!

2. circularforward macrumors 6502

If you are using the beta, I find it to be horribly buggy. So much so that I sometimes run a vm of windows just for the windows version of messenger, which is much more full-featured than the mac one.

3. MrRoyksopp thread starter macrumors regular

I had the beta version, but it's happening in all the versions of messenger that I download.

4. Grannyville7989 macrumors 6502a

Grannyville7989

My friend and I had similar problems. I can't remember how I corrected it but I think it was either clearing out the account history from the login screen.

5. MrRoyksopp thread starter macrumors regular

6. Grannyville7989 macrumors 6502a

Grannyville7989

Open Messenger for Mac.

If you set it to sign in automatically, wait for it to login and then hit Cmd G to sign out. At the main window, click 'Sign in with a different account or change your online status' link under the Sign In button.

A window will popup, click, 'Clear Account History' and it will ask to confirm. Then re-enter your details and sign back in.

Hopefully this will fix the problem. I remember getting the same issue some time ago.

7. MrRoyksopp thread starter macrumors regular

8. Grannyville7989 macrumors 6502a

Grannyville7989

No problemo :). For once, I get to help someone with an issue on OS X as opposed to threads that a related to Windows :D.