Messenger for Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by bushpilot22, Jun 18, 2010.

1. bushpilot22 macrumors newbie

For some reason all of my contacts on messenger have just been blocked and I am unable to unblock any of them. I can sign into messenger no problem but I have to go through and accept all my contacts again as if they had just added me.

How can I unblock them and return my messenger to normal?

Anyway see this before?

Bushpilot22

2. Queso macrumors G4

I would go into your Home directory, drill down to Library>Preferences, and remove the com.microsoft.messenger.plist file. If that doesn't work trash the app and re-download it from the MacTopia site.

3. bushpilot22 thread starter macrumors newbie

Still no joy

Thans for the reply. I tried to remove the plist to no avail! I also deleted the app and attempted to reinstall is. Now when I try to open the new version it just freezes! Any additional ideas or anyone else have any ideas? I am stuck!

Thanks,

BP

4. Queso macrumors G4

Have you tried accessing the same Messenger account from another computer? There may be something going on with your MSN account that Microsoft need to look into.

5. Ziddles macrumors newbie

hey
    i know this is AGES later than this discussion was created but I'm having the exact same problem the OP had...did you end up fixing it and how?

thanks!

6. Blaine macrumors 6502a

Blaine

I recently had this too. It's an easy fix :)

sign out of messenger and then click on "Sign in with a different account or change your online status"

Then at the bottom, click on "clear account history"

Then sign in and all should be well. :eek: