Messenger Mac and Adium problems

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by IainH, Jul 4, 2009.

1. IainH macrumors member

So I was using mac MSN since I got my macs...its horrid...but it works. I then decided Id start using Adium and I liked it.

However, after I updated Adium to the latest build (1.3.5) it would no longer connect to MSN. I tried removing it via appzapper and putting on 1.3.4 but the same problem occured. Also, whenever I added contacts it would crash.

So I went back to Messenger for mac....and its not saving any of my preferences. Every time I start it up, its chosen a random display picture even though I set a certain one, or set it to not show one at all. I also tell it to always log chats, but on every new open of it the next time I close a contact window, it again asks me what I want to do about logging.

What can I do?

Oh...i tried aMSN...do not want.

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    You should try using the beta builds of Adium. See of those work for you. :)

3. IainH thread starter macrumors member

Yeah I noticed there were beta versions...but for some reason I cant find download links

*keeps looking*

Edit: Wow, Im blind.

When I removed old adium via appzapper, it should have deleted all traces of it, like plist files etc right? Thinking maybe an old trace of it was breaking something.

K, removed 1.3.5 via zapper, put on 1.4 beta...same problem. It signed me out of messenger mac...but wont connect and give me a contact list.

4. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

You mentioned a problem with settings not being saved, so I'd try repairing permissions.

5. IainH thread starter macrumors member

Did a repair permissions...long list of stuff shows up..but if I hit repair again...its the exact same set ove rnad over?

So tried both applications on my MBP and they work fine...its just on this machine theyre buggered.

Any suggestions? =\

6. IainH thread starter macrumors member

Bah, was hoping someone would know this by now (I guess that might be a tad over optimistic).

Interesting, it saved my DnD setting....that make sense at all?