Messenger:mac random unresponsiveness

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by i.shaun, Oct 14, 2008.

1. i.shaun macrumors 6502a

i.shaun

I have the latest version of Messenger:mac (MSN), and every once in a while, someone will send me an IM to which I cannot respond to. The messenger just stops responding, and I get that spinning wheel when I put the mouse over it.

Anyone else have that problem? If so, are there any solutions you know of?

I tried using Adium, and I liked it for a while, but I just prefer msn itself.

2. nadyne macrumors 6502a

Which version of Messenger are you using? Do you happen to know if the IMs that you receive have anything in common -- for example, are they new conversations that the other person is starting, are they sending you a particular kind of message (for example, maybe they're sending you a picture?), is it always the same person?

Regards,
    Nadyne.

3. i.shaun thread starter macrumors 6502a

i.shaun

Messenger 7.0.1

OS X Tiger 10.4.11

It was a particular person in the past, my niece, who would initiate a conversation, and as the window popped up, MSN stopped responding.

Recently, that has stopped, and now my brother who I never had trouble with in the past initiated a conversation, which caused it to become unresponsive. No file transfers were involved. It seems to happen at random, and only when the conversation begins by someone else (you receive a new message).

I just force quit, and re-launch, message them back, and it seems to be alright, but it is a bit of an annoyance.