Messenger not signing in.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Fatalfury, Feb 5, 2010.

1. Fatalfury macrumors newbie

Fatalfury

Hey,
    Whenever i start up Mac:Messenger or Adium and other IM programs it either dose not sign in or display and message saying that it cannot connect to the internet. I have tried to sign in on a different network and it has worked, it just seems that my home network it wont let it sign in. I have opened the IM port on my router and checked everything there and still no success.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

:)

2. dandaman2 macrumors regular

So you've checked ports on the router, but is there a firewall up on your mac? the mac's built-in firewall? This would make sense because some applications can connect to the internet but others cannot.

3. Fatalfury thread starter macrumors newbie

Fatalfury

yeah i have checked the router.. unless there is sumthing thats stopping it that i have no knowlodge of.. and the built in firewall isnt either coz it has been working on other networks. I have tried numerous messenger programs and the only one that works is skype :p no msn related ones.

4. dandaman2 macrumors regular

This is odd. I'm not much of a net admin so I don't know what else to say, besides searching Mroogle.

5. Fatalfury thread starter macrumors newbie

Fatalfury

6. Claiiire macrumors newbie

Try this, maybe.

May not help, but mine started working again after I deleted my saved keychain for it.
    Try going to applications>utilities>Keychain Access and finding you msn email application password thing there and deleting it. Then go back to mac messenger...sign in and it should work. Lol, mine did anyway.