Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Alper1234

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 19, 2012
I know that there is a Plugin, called Cocoon to make MSN work in iChat.

Very buggy! So here is my Idea, i searched all over the Web, maybe not good enough:

So you can use your yahoo account with iCHAT. I know for a fact, that you can login with your Yahoo also in your Msn. Is there anyway to Link your MSN with your Yahoo account - as an alias or something like that? If so, then you could use iCHat with all your MSN contacts.

Right now i am using iChat just for AIM, i am thinking about, to switch over to AIM messenger, looks and works kinda better for. Thoughts about that?

If i could get iChat well sync'ed with MSN/AIM, that would be great! Adium sucks!

cheers, Alper

jwolf6589

macrumors 601
Dec 15, 2010
Colorado
I know that there is a Plugin, called Cocoon to make MSN work in iChat.

Very buggy! So here is my Idea, i searched all over the Web, maybe not good enough:

So you can use your yahoo account with iCHAT. I know for a fact, that you can login with your Yahoo also in your Msn. Is there anyway to Link your MSN with your Yahoo account - as an alias or something like that? If so, then you could use iCHat with all your MSN contacts.

Right now i am using iChat just for AIM, i am thinking about, to switch over to AIM messenger, looks and works kinda better for. Thoughts about that?

If i could get iChat well sync'ed with MSN/AIM, that would be great! Adium sucks!

cheers, Alper

I would not use the latest AIM for Mac as a replacement for iChat. However one strong advantage to it, is that it syncs conversations on all my devices well. I start a conversation on my iPhone, & then finish it on my Mac, and I can see every message. It is nice and a feature iChat lacks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.