Messenger with video support?

danhig123

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 1, 2006
hey guys!

A quick question - Do you know of any messenger programs, which will join the Microsoft Passports Network on a Mac, and support webcams?

Danny

Eraserhead

macrumors G4
Nov 3, 2005
UK
danhig123 said:
hey guys!

A quick question - Do you know of any messenger programs, which will join the Microsoft Passports Network on a Mac, and support webcams?

Danny
Yep, aMSN

Willis

macrumors 68020
Apr 23, 2006
Beds, UK
The next release of Microsfot Messenger for Mac (MSN 7) will be out Q3/4 of 2007. In this version, Video Chat will be available. It has been delayed because for the mac version would need to use a different type of server to transmit the images, and it isnt compatable with the current Windows server. Next year, they're are using a cross platform server for both Windows and OSX.

Theres a press release around somewhere. I read it on here actually. go have a look for it :D

EDIT: Updated info.

Sam*

macrumors regular
Feb 14, 2006
UK
Willis said:
The next release of Microsfot Messenger for Mac (MSN 7) will be out Q1/2 of 2007. In this version, Video Chat will be available. It has been delayed because for the mac version would need to use a different type of server to transmit the images, and it isnt compatable with the current Windows server. Next year, they're are using a cross platform server for both Windows and OSX.

Theres a press release around somewhere. I read it on here actually. go have a look for it :D
i found this and it says towards the end of 2007

http://www.applematters.com/index.php/section/comments/1523/

Really cant see it being that hard and just wish they would hurry up and get it done, but looks like it will be at least another year