Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thomashk

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 26, 2008
With Messi.im you can easily send your friends a message. This message can also include
- Video
- Your location
- A picture

Special features:
- LiveType, your friend can see what you type while you type
- ReadCheck, see if your friend received your message (Can be disabled)
- Use any username

If your friend also uses Messi.im he will receive a Push Notification. This is a bit like sending an MMS or an SMS.

If your friend does not use Messi.im you can send a quick email from within Messi.im which also includes your location and a picture.

Price: US$0.99

iTunes Link

ajnicho

macrumors 6502a
Sep 24, 2008
With Messi.im you can easily send your friends a message. This message can also include
- Your location
- A picture

If your friend also uses Messi.im he will receive a Push Notification. This is a bit like sending an MMS or an SMS.

If your friend does not use Messi.im you can send a quick email from within Messi.im which also includes your location and a picture.

Price: FREE

iTunes Link

I like it. being using it today with my friend and it's very fast! I like the fact you can send pictures as well. I have about 8 friends who have iPhones so this is great!

Only problem is the way messages are stored. I would prefer it if they were stored by contact instead of one continuous stream of incoming and outgoing texts.

ajnicho

macrumors 6502a
Sep 24, 2008
Couple more problems...

It takes a while to load on startup and the icon is dreadful as well! (stopping me from putting it on my home page)

But even with these flaws, I will still be using it with my friends. Keep up the good work.

thomashk

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 26, 2008
Thanks for the replies, we'll try to implement this in the next release.

ajnicho

macrumors 6502a
Sep 24, 2008
Must say this is a lot better than iPushit. Has a lot more features and is a lot more stable. AND ITS FREE!

rapidblue

macrumors newbie
Aug 3, 2009
Must say this is a lot better than iPushit. Has a lot more features and is a lot more stable. AND ITS FREE!

I'm also actually using iPushIt. Just downloaded Messi.im now. Gonna test it out too to compare with iPushIt :D

optophobia

macrumors 6502a
Oct 26, 2007
Hudson MA
Like the other poster said, it would be good if you could organize the messages.
I like how fast it is. Also I see its only free for two weeks. What is the date of the end of the free period, and how much is it going to be? (if you don't want to publish that then thats ok too )

is there a way you could also put a "find friends" button on it, so it would search your address book, or email contacts or facebook friends, etc. for friends already using the service ?

Anyway, great app so far keep up the good work.

thomashk

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 26, 2008
Thanks for the feedback, good to hear you like it.:)

Messi.im will be free until Sunday 16/08/2009, after that it will be on sale for USD 0.99.

I'll put the "find friends" suggestion, on our todo list for the next version. Should be possible to check at least the iPhone phone book.

thomashk

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 26, 2008
We submitted V1.01 to Apple, with supports an enlargeable map, better support for landscape mode and a few bugfixes.

Messi.im free for 2 more days only.

optophobia

macrumors 6502a
Oct 26, 2007
Hudson MA
pretty cool. will like to see the updates and a different icon

I like the icon.

Anyway. I see there isn't a way to delete a friend. So be careful who you accept friends requests from otherwise they can annoy you with messages and you cant stop it unless you delete the app.

Is there a future update that could address this too ?

thomashk

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 26, 2008
About the icon, I read your feedback, and it might be changed sometime.

We are currently writing a new version that will allow to view the conversation with a person on one screen, and you will also be able to delete somebody.
Should be ready for beta (non public) testing very soon.

optophobia

macrumors 6502a
Oct 26, 2007
Hudson MA
About the icon, I read your feedback, and it might be changed sometime.

We are currently writing a new version that will allow to view the conversation with a person on one screen, and you will also be able to delete somebody.
Should be ready for beta (non public) testing very soon.

Can I beta test it for you ( I have a dev license)

thomashk

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 26, 2008
A few hours ago Apple approved the update for Messi.im. Here is a list of the enhancements
  • Conversations are now kept on one screen, similar to Apples "Messages App"
  • You can delete a "friend". Just go to the friends tab and swipe over the name. Tab on Delete. One friend less... ;-)
  • Badge for the Messi.im icon. You can see the unread messages count next to the icon
  • Better, bigger map. You can enlarge the map to full screen and zoon back in with one tap.
  • Better landscape support.
  • Bugfixes

optophobia

macrumors 6502a
Oct 26, 2007
Hudson MA
Great updates, really good work.
This app is working great for me too. Its good to see a developer listening to the suggestions, and feedback of users.

kicko

macrumors 65816
Aug 26, 2008
This is not a bad little app. PLease, please, please make a better icon, the "M" looks distorted from resizing.

thomashk

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 26, 2008
Messi.im V1.40 was approved by Apple yesterday. Major new features:
- Video Messages
- ReadCheck, your friend can see if you have received the message.

Price USD 0.99

(This is a free upgrade for all existing Messi.im users.)

iTunes Link

thomashk

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 26, 2008
A new update for Messi.im was approved a few hours ago. New features:
  • Group messaging. Send messages to a whole group of friends, colleagues etc. These messages can include video, picture and location.
  • UI improvements, ie. multi-line input box, like the Messages App
  • Speed improvements and Bug fixes.
photo_2.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.