Messing with PayPass

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by dontwalkhand, Jan 12, 2012.

1. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

It is amazing how many people who work at the locations still get amazed when I tap my wallet rather than swipe my card on their CC terminal. So I have decided to try different things just to see reactions, and let me know if you have any more suggestions.

Tapping the wallet
    The normal usage of the card, how it was designed. I am amazed at how this still turns heads when paying for a 79 cent thirst buster.

The MacBook
    Simple, I put the Wells Fargo card in between the MacBook, and closed it, stood in line at the Circle K, and tapped the MacBook on the reader to pay for stuff. The look on other people's face on this was priceless.

The card-in-glove method
    Waved my hand over the reader, while the card was inside of a glove. It was like MMAAAGGIC to the cashier.

2. waloshin macrumors 68040

waloshin

In the back where your battery is located in your cell phone.

Oh wait you have an iPhone and can't!

3. maril1111 macrumors 68000

maril1111

as long as you won't forget about it and sit on it, put it in the back pocket of your pants and sit on the sensor, its a non-swipe from what i read.

4. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

So what happens if you have more than one RFID enabled card in your wallet? You don't know which one gets scanned. That's why the entire system is pointless and doesn't save any time. You still have to fumble through your wallet and pull out the card.

If you only have one such card, then it's fine, but I have one debit and two credit cards with RFID chips.

5. dontwalkhand thread starter macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

Kind of hard to do as I would have to sit on the counter at the store.

6. dontwalkhand thread starter macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

I only do have one RFID Card thankfully with my other card being just normal.