Metadata and Itunes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by tbone7467, Dec 26, 2007.

1. tbone7467 macrumors regular

Ok here is my question, I hope i am in the right spot. I am looking for a way to add Metadata to my MP3 and MP4 (video's) so that it can be seen in itunes or my PS3. I currently have things sorted out into folders, this keeps everything pretty well orginized. I want to make sure that if a file is transfered to another computer the data comes with the file. Does that make sense? with my MP3's the data like artist/track/album/genre is part of the file I want this for my MP4 (video's) too. I know itunes lets you add this info but I am not sure it is written directly to the file or some itunes Database. please keep in mind i am using a vista PC. if I had a Mac i would use lostify which looks like a great program. I have found nothing of this calibur for windows.

2. CANEHDN macrumors 6502a

CANEHDN

iTunes adds the information to the meta tags. I've transferred iTunes files to Media player and the information was kept in tact. The meta data should transfer just fine, when adding it through iTunes.

3. tbone7467 thread starter macrumors regular

Ok so i tried to change some metadata to see if the changes are view able. The fields were blank on the video befor that, i still could not see the changes on the PS3 or my vista machine only in itunes.

4. CarsonGallo macrumors member

CarsonGallo