Metal bumper case affect service?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Beanstine32, Mar 30, 2012.

1. Beanstine32 macrumors newbie

2. SCARY GAY DAD macrumors 6502

SCARY GAY DAD

That's a replica of the Draco IV. If it's just like the Draco IV, expect to lose around 10 dB.

3. Xtrucase, Mar 31, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2012

Xtrucase macrumors member

Xtrucase

depends on your area

if you have iffy service then I would venture a non conductive material to assure best QoS

Although the workmanship, quality, customization levels, and other benefits are night and day. It's like a pair of Custom DUB Rims for a car vs base black steelies with hubcaps... both has benefits and drawbacks

;) You might make the sacrifice if you find one that's easy to take on and off and adapt to your lifestyle better ;)

Hope this helps!

*** EDIT

I forgot to mention that good MFR's uses best practices to help with signal degradation issues, find one that works for you!

4. DroidRules macrumors 65816

Unless you're in a strong signal area ALL the time this will kill your reception.

5. redbusa06 macrumors newbie

I would really like a sturdy(non-silicone) bumper for my 4 that looks like red anodized aluminum. But obviously don't wanna deal with reception issues. Even somethin that's like a shiny silver. Then I can paint it with DupliColor Metalcast red

6. KieranDotW macrumors 6502a

^^ If that's what your looking for, I'd try either the SGP Neo Hybrid Ex in satin silver or gunmetal (www.spigen.com), the Scosche BandEdge G4 (www.scosche.com -- it's clear plastic so you can see the aluminum underneath), or best of all, the Caseless Glide (www.glidecase.com -- it's made of aluminum but there's a gap between the bumper and the antenna so supposedly it does not affect service).

7. Xtrucase macrumors member

Xtrucase

:cool:

8. redbusa06 macrumors newbie

I had a brainstorm...... What if we were to take any aluminum bumper, and spray two LIGHT coats(so as not to build too thick) of spray on electrical tape On the inside of the bumper? I may buy one of the cheap eBay versions of the aluminum cleave and try it.

9. redbusa06 macrumors newbie

Everyone is telling me they're out of re SGP Hybrid EX in Dante red and champagne gold. The two colors I wanted, yet they will not rove auctions or sale pages for them even though they're not in stock!

10. Arnezie macrumors 65816

Arnezie

of course it's going to harm your signal it doesn't amplify it that's for sure.