Metal Gear DUD?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Dorfdad, Dec 18, 2008.

1. Dorfdad macrumors 6502

Famitsu magazine posted an interview with Kojima this week where he discussed the decision and path they chose to to take for the design and concept of Metal Gear Solid Touch.Sadly Im not liking what I read at all, its seems Kojima is not design the game that task is going Yasuyo Watanabe who’s being tasked with making her first “real” game. Up to now, she was Kojima Productions’ chief web designer, working on a variety of Flash stuff for the website.

He also went on to say

offically call me worried!

I posted some more excerpts on my site.

2. firteen888 macrumors regular

I'm not expecting the game to be any good. It seems like a basic shooter with the metal gear characters slapped on (I'm sure it will be the same with Silent hill). Hopefully I'm wrong.

3. extralarge macrumors member

I think this type of game attracts us is because there are lots of cool things, like the fast reaction, shooting dead corpse or other factors we can never do in the real world. but with this small platform, I really doubt there will be any really cool to us anymore.

4. chernoSAM macrumors newbie

You got it right, it's a simple shooter where Solid Snake take down some
    soldier. Here's a pic:

[​IMG]

5. DreamPod macrumors 65816

The game could still have one of the main things that sets the Metal Gear games ahead of other games: an amazing story with great cutscenes. Simplifying the gameplay wouldn't change that.