OS X Metal Gear Rising now out for OS X

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by GoldfishRT, Sep 25, 2014.

1. GoldfishRT macrumors 6502

GoldfishRT

It's a Transgaming port for those of you interested in it, but it isn't a particularly intensive games so even those on lower end systems will probably be okay. A great spectacle fighter and the only one I'm aware of for OS X. No need to understand anything about the Metal Gear series; the story is not canonical. It emphasizes countering and fast reflexes more than combos. The big gimmick is the fact your sword can realistically slice through your foes, allowing you to dice them up as you see fit. :cool:

It's a completely ridiculous game, as is normal for Platinum but it is a ton of fun. A forewarning, it is quite short and if you aren't much for replaying games you will probably want to wait for it to go on a sale on Steam.

2. saturnotaku macrumors 68000

Does it support the Xbox 360 controller? If not, how does the game play with the mouse and keyboard?

3. GoldfishRT thread starter macrumors 6502

GoldfishRT

It does support the 360 controller out of the box. It doesn't play very well with a mouse and keyboard so I highly recommend you use a controller.

4. Washac macrumors 68020

Washac

It is on the Mac App Store if anyone should be interested.

5. N19h7m4r3 macrumors 65816

N19h7m4r3

It's very good, very very. Lots of gore, action, and a hell of a lot of fun. Just so much cringe dialogue, and so many cut scenes!

6. GoldfishRT thread starter macrumors 6502

GoldfishRT

Nano-machines son. :cool:

Yeah. It's a pretty great game. I love Platinum's stuff. If only Bayonetta 2 were coming to PC/Mac as well. Sure I have a Wii U but it's so nice to play without any framerate drops and in a much higher resolution.

7. N19h7m4r3 macrumors 65816

N19h7m4r3

I really want to try Baynetta 1/2 as well. I'll probably get a Wii U next year when the new Zelda comes out.

8. GoldfishRT thread starter macrumors 6502

GoldfishRT

The first one is fantastic fun if a bit unrefined. I have a Wii U but I don't really play it much. I'd much rather play it on my PC with my TB Display. I don't have a television so the Wii U is always played with the gamepad. Which isn't bad at all to be honest but in a game that requires such fast reflexes and watching for telegraphs, having a large screen is definitely helpful. The Wonderful 101 was made so much harder by playing on that little screen for example.

At least we got something though. I'm not aware of any other spectacle fighters for the Mac.

9. Trautman, Sep 28, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2014

Trautman macrumors newbie

METAL GEAR RISING REVENGEANCE is region locked in Japan.