Metal Gear Rising

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by AustinIllini, Feb 19, 2013.

1. AustinIllini macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

Just stopped by Best Buy. I guess I don't know what to expect. I'm surprised the game is only 720p as MGS4 was 1080p. Reviews overall have been good, so I'm going to give it a shot. Is anyone playings this, and what do yall think?

2. skottichan macrumors 6502a

skottichan

I just finished it. Getting a handle on blade mode was interesting, and it was weird not stealthing around in a Metal Gear game. With that said, I enjoyed it for the most part, could not stand Jack's voice... like sandpaper on nipples kind of irritation.

It was fun chopping stuff up, and I freely admit, I let out a little fangirl squeal when my favorite side character appeared.

I'd give it a 4 out of 5. It definitely added to the Metal Gear lore, and has me stupidly excited for Ground Zeroes.

3. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

MGS4 wasn't 1080p proper. It merely scaled the 720p game to 1080p. Much like most Xbox 360 and Wii U titles do using the inbuilt scaler.

The PS3 had this api opened up to it in the first year and yet still 5 years later most games don't actually do this preferring to simply change the resolution the system is outputting instead.

----

Game got good reviews (it is a platinum game after all) but I played the demo and even after completing the demo 4 times and killing the grey fox boss which is tricky, I never found myself growing comfortable with the control scheme to the point where it felt anything other than convoluted.

For that reason alone I won't be buying this game, no matter how great the reviews are. For me it felt clunky control wise and I'm not going to spend 10 hours torturing my poor little digits.

4. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

It's PSN downloads that are 1080p these days, and a few first party disc releases.
    720p 30fps is pants :(

5. rezenclowd3 macrumors 6502a

rezenclowd3

Undoing the work of Priuses: burning gas & rubber
    I too feel the same way, but I will wait till I can find it for $10 or so.

6. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

I'll wait till its free on PS+ :)

7. rezenclowd3 macrumors 6502a

rezenclowd3

Undoing the work of Priuses: burning gas & rubber
  8. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

I was thinking of buying and even have it in by to buy list on Amazon but now i'm hearing the controls require superhuman reflexes and it'll wear you out unless you're "hardcore"?

9. AustinIllini thread starter macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

I'm about the worst gamer out there. I'm terrible at all video games. So far I haven't had a ton of trouble. It's not difficult to inflict a crapton of damage easily.

10. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

Good to know.