Metal Gear Solid 4

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by partyBoy, May 2, 2012.

1. partyBoy macrumors 68000

partyBoy

does anyone know how to defeat the suicide gekko in metal gear solid 4 without the rail gun? plus i only have 778 points/money, so im limited to buy or upgrade my weapons...i tried reseaching it online but evryone says the same thing "use the railgun" but i cant cause like i said earlier i dont have enough points/money to buy railgun ammo, i think im stuck ?

Attached Files:

2. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I'm not that far into it so I can't tell you what to do. It's one of the best designed games of recent years - they wouldn't have left in any way to get stuck! There will be a way.

3. partyBoy, May 3, 2012
    Last edited: May 3, 2012

partyBoy thread starter macrumors 68000

partyBoy

i dont even have enough money to buy the rail gun ammo, i tryed planting claymores and nothing, i even used missile launchers but the missile slips off of the gekko, its weird?? i have mixed feelings about this game it has potential but its lacking some things as far as stealth goes, and this is suppose to be the "it" game for stealth? dont know if the previous parts were better but this one i dont know about plus getting stuck does not help and the getting stuck part is not my fault...keep in mind, im not a noob gamer im actually a old school gamer so you know im good :^)

4. partyBoy thread starter macrumors 68000

partyBoy

*****UPDATE*****ok so i took a deep breath and said to myself there has to be a way. Since the game lets you save on evry level and it shows the amount of money that you had at that time, i said to myself if i go back when i had the highest money and move foward & reload the railgun with ALOT of ammo for the suicide gekko, it should work but i also had a plan "B" which was also get a missile launcher and reload that baby also with ALOT ammo just for back up for the rail gun, so i had to go back 2 bosses and 3 levels. It was a pain but that was the only way and IT WORKED...this info in no where in the internet, damn i even surprise myself with all my intelligence :p

5. RecycleBin macrumors newbie

For future reference I believe it's possible to electrocute the gekkos with an electrified portion of the floor in the fight you're talking about. Call Otacon and he'll explain how to do it, but more importantly doing so nets you 5,000 DP, which should let you refill some railgun ammo.

Also the classic weakness of the Metal Gears and the Gekkos is the legs, if you shoot the legs with rockets they'll bend over and you can shoot the cockpit for a kill.

6. partyBoy thread starter macrumors 68000

partyBoy

i think your talking about another fight with the geckos, im talking about the "suicide" gecko part, where the gecko blows up if you dont kill him fast enough, my problem was and i think it was a game glitch was that i did NOT have enough dp's for any type of ammo so i could not reload the rail gun, i only had 776 dp and the cheapest thing on the list was about 1000 dp also when i would shoot the legs, i could not for some reason find their heads in order to finish them off, weird, it was a good game but i have mixed feelings about it