Metal Gear Solid Essential Collection (A.K.A Buy Me Now)

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by sikkinixx, Mar 20, 2008.

1. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

Any other MGS fans got this? MGS, MGS 2 Substance and MGS 3 Subsistence for a mere $30! Crazy good deal and a perfect way to get into MGS before 4 comes out this June.

MGS one looks pretty hurting in the graphics department but the full voice acting is still awesome.

Anyway, if you're on the fence, word around is that it's a limited run so get it while you can in case it goes the way of Disgaea or Persona.

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

3. sikkinixx thread starter macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

I suppose I should have qualified that by according to Wikipedia and another website, although I can't find it, he is dead. I've been searching around trying to actually find it out. Something tells me he isn't since it isn;t mentioned on GAF and those guys are on gaming news faster than stink on crap.

edit: Last time I trust wikipedia without looking into it further.... *grumble*

4. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

IGN, GS, and GAF would have been all over that.

Now to buy Twin Snakes for my Wii. If I can find a copy of it. Snake is a tank in Smash Bros.

5. sikkinixx thread starter macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

I didn't like Twin Snakes as much. The First Person view makes the game way to easy since it wasn't designed to have that option. Worth playing if it's the only way you have to play MGS though

6. Pine-Tree macrumors member

Pine-Tree

I actually prefer the Twin Snakes version. It's the better graphics about it though, I don't remember too much playing the first MGS on Playstation, but a couple years ago I remember playing it again and it was just too blocky and choppy for my tastes so I got the Gamecube version which was more playable for me.

I already have all three games, Twin Snakes, MGS2, and MGS3 Limited, so I'll have to pass on this deal. I'm wondering about that limited edition for MGS4 though, and news of that coming Stateside??

7. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Whos dead? I don't think I'll buy this seeing as I have all of these games already but a good package if you don't have it.

No really, whos dead?

Bless

8. sikkinixx thread starter macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

no one. Just me being an idiot and trusting something on the interwebs without looking into it :p Wikipedia had a link to some site and had a paragraph that David Hayter had died of a heart attack a few days ago, but yeah.... *doh*