Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by ReanimationN, Sep 4, 2012.

1. ReanimationN macrumors 6502a

ReanimationN

Who here has seen the announcement of MGS: Ground Zeroes? If so, what did you think?

Trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5IVOs5Pxh8

I think it looks amazing, the new Fox engine looks like it's going to produce some stunning graphics and I love the fact that Big Boss is the star instead of Solid Snake (I like Big Boss as a character far more than Solid). The game is set to be a sequel to MGS: Peace Walker and is supposed to provide players with a more open world experience than previous Metal Gear games. In the extended version of the trailer (IGN has it), you can see Big Boss call down a helicopter during play, which you can then use to fly to other areas, countries and so on.

Can't wait.

2. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

They had me at "a sequel to Peace Walker" (or rather the clues that it's a sequel). My fave game of 2010 that. Really can't wait for this one.

It looks a little too good for modern tech, maybe the video was rendered on a PC version, or a next-gen launch title? Have they announced anything about which consoles it'll be on yet?

3. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

meh.... will we actually get some gameplay in this metal gear rather than long over protracted cut scenes.

Have yet to manage to get through ANY of them, and i've given them all a chance. Just can't seem to get into the Metal Gear Series at all.

4. ReanimationN thread starter macrumors 6502a

ReanimationN

It's been announced for PS3 and 360. I was stunned by the graphics too, I'm hoping it's doable on current consoles. I remember Resident Evil 4 squeezing every last drop out of the PS2 when it was released- I don't think the current gen consoles have had an equivalent title which pushes the console to its very limits yet, hopefully this is it.

And MacRumorUser- try Peace Walker, very little in the way of cutscenes compared to gameplay. One of the best games I've ever played.

5. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Do Peacewalker! It's unlike the other MG games. It's non-linear, scalable difficulty options, loads of side missions, few cutscenes (and the ones that are in are enjoyable). Ah it's just great.

I think if they're going for an open world game for GZ then there should be less in the way of linear storytelling and more interactive storytelling. Which will be nice.

6. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Ok, I'll give peace walker a chance you bullies ;)

Now what do u recommened HD remake on ps3 or PSP version for my vita?

7. ReanimationN thread starter macrumors 6502a

ReanimationN

:D

Now that's a tough one, I first played Peace Walker on the PSP and loved it. I've also bought the HD collection and have been playing through PW again on the PS3. It'll come down to what you prefer in terms of controls. The original PSP had no 2nd analog stick, so aiming and camera movement was performed using the face buttons, while the PS3 version uses the right analog stick for aiming. The PSP version sounds bad in writing, but they made it work brilliantly- I never felt hampered using the face buttons to aim in the game. Maybe what you should do is start with the game on PS3, then if you like it, get the PSP version for your Vita- then you can transfer your save back and forth, and play using the same save file from your PS3 on the go.

That's what I've been doing- the Transfarring system is great. PSP when I'm staying at my girlfriend's place, or away from home, and PS3 when I'm at home and want the big screen experience.

8. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I think it plays better on the PSP with the sleep functionality, and it is a game you can play on-the-go really easily. But the controls on the PS3 are much, muuuch nicer.

Still playable on the PSP though. I got through the entire game without any trouble (then again I can also play Kid Icarus 3DS just fine too ;)).