Metal Gear Solid Touch

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by hack a mac, Mar 19, 2009.

1. hack a mac macrumors newbie

Anybody get this app yet? I've been waiting for this, but not sure if its worth it.

2. Vandam500 macrumors 68000

Vandam500

I have seen the videos and after reading the Touch Arcade review/gameplay video, I am not going to be buying it. It's basically a "good looking" duck hunt that can be beaten in under 1 hour... (The reviewer from Touch Arcade beat the whole thing in 21 minutes). Unless it goes down in price or they add a lot of more levels I am not biting. Just my $0.02

3. dthmtlgod macrumors 6502

IGN gave it a 6.0 - maybe worth $.99

4. hack a mac thread starter macrumors newbie

Links??

5. Almy macrumors 6502

6. shigzeo macrumors 6502a

shigzeo

we did not find it that great but there will definately be fans. i was really looking forward to this until i found out that it was a shooter. so our better arcade reviewer took this on and he did not really like it.

young's review of metal gear solid.

7. Roofy. macrumors 6502a

8. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

9. firteen888 macrumors regular

Graphics - They're good but not the best I've seen on the iphone. the story is told in pictures and text and is pretty boring

Controls - the controls are easy. Just swipe and tap

gameplay - Like others have said, it's basically a simple targeting game. your character (snake) doesn't move. When an enemy pops out, you shoot him. Thats pretty much it. The game is also very short. You could finish it in one sitting.

The game is maybe worth $1.99 but in no way is it worth $7.99

10. WickedFall macrumors newbie

The game runs great and is well polished. The only problem is the price tag. I think it'd be a great game at $2. But for $8, it's hard to recommend. Only get it if you are a big MGS fan.