Metallic Gold Incase Slider now available, 8/1/09

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by DuckSoup, Aug 1, 2009.

1. DuckSoup macrumors 6502a

DuckSoup

Figures, exactly one week after I order the copper one (now unavailable), the Incase site now shows the gold one available. (my first choice would have been silver, then gold, then copper).

I know people posted here looking for it since it has been out of stock, so go for it!

http://www.goincase.com/products/detail/metallic-slider-case-cl59062

Mike

P.S. The copper/bronze one does look nice though.

2. map1978 macrumors 68020

map1978

3. DuckSoup thread starter macrumors 6502a

DuckSoup

Yes, but it's been out of stock everywhere a third of forever now, especially since the new iPhones came out. Just letting folks know as in other threads people were lamenting about not being able to find it ANYWHERE.

Mike

4. map1978 macrumors 68020

map1978

Oh gotcha. That's for the heads up :D

5. Prospekt macrumors regular

I really want the metallic silver one but it's still not in stock yet :(

6. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

If you wouldn't mind, could you post a pic of the bronze slider when you get it? I'm curious to see exactly what it looks like. :)

7. sb9689 macrumors newbie

Incase is revamping all of their iPhone cases.

They have new packaging that is more 'environmentally friendly' apparently. There are also new colors for the slider, for instance i just purchased a metallic orange and am mixnmatching it with my black(looks amazing bothways). This isnt even on their website yet.

another new color i have seen is the apparent replacement of the gun metal called magnesium and is metallic and the same color as the gun metal but has the matte/softtouch finish.

they also redesigned their folio pouch and leather sleeve. and their protective case has a new design on the back and changed the dock connector area and the volume button area in an effort to make them tougher.

I saw all of these at my local apple store yesterday.

P.S. - I also saw they still have some of the older models/older packaging including the Copper slider.

8. map1978 macrumors 68020

map1978

yeah they are also coming out with a whole new slider line by the end of august.

i bought the metallic orange and love it. i combo it with my charcoal slider and looks sick.

magnesium huh? gotta go check it out because i love the new hard rubber/matte finish

9. sb9689 macrumors newbie

yeah thats what is said on the package. it is the same color tone as the current gun metal but has the matte finish and a minor hint of the charcoal color. it looks like a non-shiny version of the gunmetal

10. AGIPSY macrumors regular

I love the metallic red one.... do you guys know if they're ever going to put that one back up on the site again??

11. Apple Guru macrumors member

Are the new line up of cases suppose to be out soon?

12. DuckSoup thread starter macrumors 6502a

DuckSoup

I have that one on my 2nd Gen iPod Touch. It DOES look pretty slick.

What I'd love to see in a slider is a couple of different camoflage ones, especially in metallic :)

Mike

13. Prospekt macrumors regular

Quick question: are the metallic cases shiny as in you can kind of see a reflection or are they more of a grainier finish (like the backing of the original iPhone 2g)?

14. DuckSoup thread starter macrumors 6502a

DuckSoup

Not even a hint of a reflection. At least not on my red nor bronze.

The pictures on the Incase site are decent representations, of course dependant upon the camera settings, color representations, your monitor settings etc.

Mike

15. Prospekt macrumors regular

16. DuckSoup thread starter macrumors 6502a

DuckSoup

Wow! I would not want that either. The iPod Touch's have a chrome back and scratch very easily, thus the red-metallic Incase on my 2nd gen. I have to imagine those Incase ones you pictured are old-versions no longer made (?) and are probably prone to scratches themselves.

17. Detlev macrumors 6502a

Some of the new incase sliders are in stock at Apple retail stores. It seems they are selling off the old packaging/colors and bringing the new to replenish stock. The coloring is slightly different, the packaging eco-friendly, a very cool iPhone "S" stand (lets you set the iPhone on your desk to show off and not scratch the case or to play video in landscape mode-it is a bit wobbly standing in portrait mode but can be done), and an incase logo cling/sticker.

18. Taylor C macrumors 6502a

What other colors have you seen? Hopefully they'll be up on the Incase site soon, but I haven't had a chance to make it an Apple Store to check them out.

19. Anthony T macrumors 6502a

20. Apple Guru macrumors member

21. Prospekt macrumors regular

Well the incase website is down for updating, perhaps we'll see new colors/model or something.

edit- and now it's back up.

and there's no more silver one :(
    looks like there is some new colors however

22. Taylor C macrumors 6502a

I seriously hope that the new crystal line of sliders introduces the long-awaited glossy black version the photos seem to elude to.

23. Apple Guru macrumors member

Here is the new cases we can look forward too. The Snap Case and the Clear cases look interesting. Also they seem to becoming out with lots of different styles on the Frame Case.

Incase: iPhone Cases

24. ajohnson253 macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

Had mine

For about the past 7-8 months or so.
    It's been a great case, it's not so metallic anymore though.

25. miikuoo macrumors newbie

Iphone incase metallic GOLD

I would love to buy the metallic gold slider, but its sold out everywhere! whoever has it and want to get rid of it, please contact me ><