MetaX: Automatic Naming

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by cookiedude, Jan 7, 2010.

1. cookiedude macrumors newbie

Hi Forum,

I saw there were a bunch of threads concerning MetaX here, so I'm trying my luck with my question here as well :)

When encoding in Handbrake, I manually enter file names following this convention: Episode Number - Episode Title.m4v
    I want MetaX to recognise this and "import" the information into the correct fields, and sometimes it gets the episode title right, but the episode number information is always ignored. Does this feature not work or am I doing something wrong?

thanks for your help,
    André

2. rayward macrumors 68000

MetaX will perform a search for tag information based on the file name. The search window is on the left of the panel. You can perform your own search if the results you get from the automatic search don't yield what you need.

Just so you know, MetaX used to search Amazon for tag info, but can no longer do this. I don't know if it's temporary or permanent, but it's been this way for a while now. I have had better success going to Wikipedia for episode info on TV shows, and IMDB for tag info for movies. It's a ball-ache copying and pasting, but at least you get exactly what you want, and not what someone else wanted.