MetaX Icon

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by DJAKO, Apr 24, 2008.

1. DJAKO macrumors 6502a

I don't know what you guys think, but the normal MetaX icon is pretty ugly. With all the higher quality icons on my dock, the Metax one sticks out like a sore thumb.

Anyone up for creating a higher quality one or something completely unique? :)

2. MikieMikie macrumors 6502a

I'd be happy to whip up a batch of pixel magic, but it's not my icon, not my program, and I have no idea as to what would make a "cool" icon for MetaX.

3. dylan macrumors 6502

A film reel with a tag hanging off would be great.

4. sblasl macrumors 6502a

sblasl

5. slapppy macrumors 65816

I like it. I like the sound too. When it finishes the job. I usually have the speakers up to max! MOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :D

6. JonHimself macrumors 68000

JonHimself

Do you ever forget that it's running in the background, then it moos and you're like, "What the hell? Did my computer just moo?"

7. slapppy macrumors 65816

No i never forget, but my wife and daughter just cracks up when it happens. Sometime in the middle of a tv show downstairs, we suddenly hear the moooooooooo! :)

8. dynaflash macrumors 68020

Nice to hear some whining about another apps icon. takes some of the heat off of HandBrake ;)

9. DJAKO thread starter macrumors 6502a

Whining? Nah, I'm not whining, just thought something a bit more eye pleasing would be nice :)

10. dylan macrumors 6502

You might want to post a request on macthemes2.net. There are some brilliant designers on there.

11. blueflame macrumors 6502a

blueflame

my experience

people often seem rude about these types of topics. I do not understand why. It seems anything that helps others get a better computer experience would be endorsed by all. So I am asking the questions and looking for a real response, to help me understand.

why do people often respond so negatively about a topics such as this?
    thanks!

12. Sean Dempsey macrumors 68000

Sean Dempsey

Because the cow RULES.

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. My 2 year old loves it.

13. MikieMikie macrumors 6502a

As someone who has created a lot of programs, content and entertainment products, I know that some people do not enjoy having their products altered. Personally, as long as I got paid, I never cared, but I have worked with many people who are terribly protective of the look and feel of their work.

Surely you can understand this? And if not, at least respect it?

14. P-Worm macrumors 68020

P-Worm

I like the icon fine, but I wish he made a higher resolution version so it fits in with Leopard better. I feel bad complaining though, because this developer has been outstanding.

P-Worm

15. err404 macrumors 68020

You know that you can easily change the icon for any app to fit your personal tastes...
    Browse around on interfacelift.com. I'm sure you can find something that you'll like.

(once you update, you may need to remove the old icon form your dock and add it again.)