Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacUser92

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 6, 2011
Englewood, CO
I use MetaX to write my movie files with actors, directors, name of movie, picture, sorting, etc. Everytime I add a movie and try writing it, It tells me "Zero Byte Warning" Or it'l say "Could not find a suitable audio track for the number of chapters" What I find weird is, it worked before and now it stopped. I deleted it, reinstalled it, same thing. Then I can put it on my dad's computer and MetaX writes the movie file I tried writing on mine. Any help with what's wrong?

Omne666

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2010
Melbourne, Australia
Dump it and get iFlicks or iDentify2 or something else. MetaX support etc dropped off ages ago. Those problems you mention I was getting 12months ago. Now I use iFlicks. Amazing what a problem free experience can do for ones sanity!!

MacUser92

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 6, 2011
Englewood, CO
I'll try that, does iFlicks give you the same things as MetaX to write? Title, release date, actors, directors, chapters, etc.?

Omne666

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2010
Melbourne, Australia
I'll try that, does iFlicks give you the same things as MetaX to write? Title, release date, actors, directors, chapters, etc.?

IFlicks will do it all for you. As will the others. I find iFlicks to have been flawless for me, so I highly recommend it. Good support also. The feedback is answered quickly, and suggestions are taken on board happily.

Valve1138

macrumors member
Feb 8, 2011
iFlicks is excellent. I've paired it with one of those Elgato Turbo H.264 dongles, makes the conversion process fly.

MacUser92

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 6, 2011
Englewood, CO
iFlicks

So with iFlicks you can put a dvd cover, title, actors, director, producer, description, release date, sorting, chapter names, etc?

I downloaded it but not quite sure how to use it.

MacUser92

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 6, 2011
Englewood, CO
iFlicks

I used it and it said it would take 15 hours just to put info on the .mp4
Is there a program that can write as quick as MetaX and have the same qualities to write the same things?

I did not like iFlicks

Valve1138

macrumors member
Feb 8, 2011
Are you telling it to do some sort of video conversion or leaving it set at Flatten to Quicktime?

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Jul 5, 2009
I used it and it said it would take 15 hours just to put info on the .mp4
Is there a program that can write as quick as MetaX and have the same qualities to write the same things?

I did not like iFlicks

I was a longtime user of MetaX until reading other's experiences here and was persuaded to try iDentify 2. Works great, automatic lookup usually pulls in a bunch of artwork options from various sites (TagChimp, TMDB, TVDB), tagging takes no longer than MetaX and setting up large batches to run is a piece of cake. I had been putting off tagging about 600 episodes of TV shows and with iDentify 2, I had it all done in one evening. Very simple and is free unless you want a feature that autoexports tagged files into iTunes. It even eliminated my need to use Subler to add HD tags and cNID tags for multiple versions of the same media. Couldn't be happier.

Omne666

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2010
Melbourne, Australia
Chuckle!!!!!

Yep...the 'flatten to quicktime' could use a better phrase.

IFlicks works fast for me....like just mins per hires movie....so it's writing the metadata, then copying to my desired location.

But I've looked at subler (didn't like) identify2 (liked but hey, IFlicks works for me) so try identify2.

Its all about what works for you. Like really works and makes you happy as well.

MacUser92

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 6, 2011
Englewood, CO
Trying Vidalin

I've been trying to use Vidalin, I like the fact you can encode and write info on the movie at the same time. The only thing I don't like about Vidalin is, you can't put chapter titles. You can put, actors, director, description, but no chapter titles. I'm OCD or organized or anal retentive or however you want to put it. I want good program that I can use to write all these.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.