MetaZ Alternative

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by BJB Productions, Aug 9, 2015.

1. BJB Productions macrumors 65816

BJB Productions

Can't find any recent discussions about this... Sometimes MetaZ works, most of the of the time it doesn't for me. Has anyone found an alternative app or workaround to add tags and meta to ripped Blu Rays?

Thanks

2. westrock2000 macrumors 6502

If you use Windows, I use Dan Hinsley's MetaX. I think it was $10, but it's great. And Dan patches it a couple times a year to keep up with internet database changes and stuff.

I even sent him a request for something once and he sent me a modified executable to fix the issue, and the he included it in the following patch.

3. BJB Productions thread starter macrumors 65816

BJB Productions

Unfortunately, I'm running on a Mac. I switched from MetaX to MetaZ after MetaX stopped working.

4. lunaoso macrumors 65816

lunaoso

I always use subler for my metadata. I used to use metaX and then metaZ, but subler is way more convenient for me. It allows you to pull all the data right from iTunes, which is what I always do. It'll take a few uses to become really good with it, but after that, it's great.

5. BJB Productions thread starter macrumors 65816

BJB Productions

Wow, this app is awesome. Thanks so much - just what I was looking for and I love that it pulls meta from iTunes!

6. lunaoso macrumors 65816

lunaoso

Cool! Glad I could help!

7. M@C macrumors member