Method for Cleaning

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by yano729, May 4, 2015.

1. yano729 macrumors member

Hey, whats up everybody. I was wondering what you are using just to clean it and wipe it down as it accumulates finger prints and smudges with normal use. Thanks for any help.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

How to clean Apple products
    Apple also gives instructions on how to clean your Mac in the User Guides for the MBA, MBP and iMac:
    Also, you'll find plenty of suggestions by searching through the many existing threads on this topic, such as these:

3. newellj macrumors 601

Wow, sticky that post!

4. hcole623, May 5, 2015
    Last edited: May 5, 2015

hcole623 macrumors regular

hcole623

Method for Cleaning

Just to add another, I've been using this method to clean all my tech gear for many years:

Whenever I wash a load of laundry, after it has been spun dry in the washer (not dry, but not dripping), I'll take a soft t shirt or soft hand towel and use it to wipe down the exterior of my iPhone, iPad, MacBooks, cameras, car interiors, you name it.

Be sure to fully power off/shut down your equipment.

I find this method works excellently, especially on trouble areas like lcd screens and keyboards. Doesn't leave behind lint or streaks, and the damp cloth picks up any dirt/grime rather easily.

This method pretty closely follows Apple's recommended guidelines, but grabbing a shirt/rag after the spin cycle of the wash has the perfect amount of moisture in my opinion.

If it were me I'd steer clear of all of those alcohol based screen cleaning wipes!