Method for organizing app sets?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by robgendreau, Apr 9, 2014.

1. robgendreau macrumors 68030

Is there an iTunes add-on or a work-around or some method for organizing sets of apps and/or media to synch with a particular iOS device?

I use an iPhone and on some trips I go away from internet and cell access so I need to load maps and other stuff that takes up a lot of space. But when I'm home I don't need any of that, and could use the space for other stuff. So every time I leave I have to shuffle around the apps I've installed, and sometimes other stuff as well. One size does not fit all.

Is there some way to save a set of apps and media so I didn't have to hunt down all the stuff manually? like a sort of plugin or something for iTunes?

My understanding is that an iOS device is more or less keyed to one library; I've had big hassles in the past with trying to use two, but that was on different machines. I'm not that keen to experiment, since I get the "erase and restore" message. It shouldn't be a DRM issue since it's just my stuff and my AppleID, but still....

I would think others might need the same thing.

2. TrenttonY macrumors 6502a

This is mine

Attached Files:

3. robgendreau thread starter macrumors 68030

I appreciate the suggestion, but I'm looking for something that syncs sets of apps. Not something that organizes them on the screen.

4. C DM macrumors Westmere

5. TrenttonY macrumors 6502a

O okay. :) I glanced at the article and thought it said home screen suggestions.