Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Method for organizing app sets?

robgendreau

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Is there an iTunes add-on or a work-around or some method for organizing sets of apps and/or media to synch with a particular iOS device?

I use an iPhone and on some trips I go away from internet and cell access so I need to load maps and other stuff that takes up a lot of space. But when I'm home I don't need any of that, and could use the space for other stuff. So every time I leave I have to shuffle around the apps I've installed, and sometimes other stuff as well. One size does not fit all.

Is there some way to save a set of apps and media so I didn't have to hunt down all the stuff manually? like a sort of plugin or something for iTunes?

My understanding is that an iOS device is more or less keyed to one library; I've had big hassles in the past with trying to use two, but that was on different machines. I'm not that keen to experiment, since I get the "erase and restore" message. It shouldn't be a DRM issue since it's just my stuff and my AppleID, but still....

I would think others might need the same thing.

TrenttonY

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2012
Is there an iTunes add-on or a work-around or some method for organizing sets of apps and/or media to synch with a particular iOS device?

I use an iPhone and on some trips I go away from internet and cell access so I need to load maps and other stuff that takes up a lot of space. But when I'm home I don't need any of that, and could use the space for other stuff. So every time I leave I have to shuffle around the apps I've installed, and sometimes other stuff as well. One size does not fit all.

Is there some way to save a set of apps and media so I didn't have to hunt down all the stuff manually? like a sort of plugin or something for iTunes?

My understanding is that an iOS device is more or less keyed to one library; I've had big hassles in the past with trying to use two, but that was on different machines. I'm not that keen to experiment, since I get the "erase and restore" message. It shouldn't be a DRM issue since it's just my stuff and my AppleID, but still....

I would think others might need the same thing.

This is mine

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    194.5 KB · Views: 51

robgendreau

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
I appreciate the suggestion, but I'm looking for something that syncs sets of apps. Not something that organizes them on the screen.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.