Methods of Adding a Forum with iWeb

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by fcamilleri, Jul 14, 2009.

1. fcamilleri macrumors member

I know that there is no way to add a forum through iweb, but I do know for a fact there is a way to put one on an iWeb site WITHOUT the use of an external link to a site such as forumotion.com

How do you do that?

I need to have the forum on my site so i can take advantage of ad revenue, and not have it go to someone.... that isn't me.

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

If you know for a fact that there is a way, why do you need to ask?

This doesn't make any sense, as nearly all ad-revenue services are account-based. Meaning the ads on your site are linked to your account, so wherever that ad may appear (your site or elsewhere) any clicks still make you money.

3. fcamilleri thread starter macrumors member

i know that there is a way because i have seen it done but I do not know how.

and by the whole ads thing, i mean that I do not want my forum on an EXTERNAL SITE (such as forumotion.com) rather than MY SITE, so instead of the forum site gets ad revenue, I get ad revenue

$$$$$$$

4. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Ah ha, and you're hosting on MobileMe? I'm not familiar with the forum options on MobileMe, but from what I can gather they are limited. The best thing to do would be to buy your own domain name and set everything up there. Most webhosts provide the necessary tools that you'd need for setting up a forum suite like phpBB.