Methods to get iPhone made videos back on your iPhone once removed by iPhoto?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rotarypower101, Dec 4, 2009.

1. rotarypower101 macrumors regular

rotarypower101

What method do you use to get you iPhone made videos back on your iPhone once removed by iPhoto?

Most of the vids I make on my iPhone are of no consequence usually less than a minute typically but have intrinsic value, and I would much prefer them to reside in a folder on my iPhone under the Photos icon on my phone as they do when they are taken.

But once iPhoto has taken them off and I make a special folder titled “iPhone Vids” the videos reside in iPhoto just fine, but can not sync back to the iPhone through the iTunes “Photos” tab under Albums after checking the “iPhone Vids”album.

Now I dont mind accepting the logical aspects that “videos” would not sync to my “photos” folder, but the inconsistency doesn't seem to make sense? Thats were the videos are originally stored and were they came from!?!

And by all means I wish to have my videos taken from the phone back on the phone without modification, and really I wouldn't mind having them in the “photos” folder as long as they were in there own folder named “videos” as it follows the logic I click “camera” to capture video, as well as the video file is labeled IMG_### by the “camera” app.

Has anyone found a workaround without having to house these rogue videos in their own video section in iTunes which comes with its own set of issues as well as on the iPhone?

And the issue is not tagging nor codec conversion at all, it is all about management of these files.

For these issues MetaX and Handbrake are exemplary tools.

Any great ideas on how to work with and manage these files in a logical and unobtrusive manor?

2. MrCheeto macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

In iTunes you can configure it to sync photos as well as videos. Meaning if you have an album named "videos" you can choose to sync that and the videos will be placed in the Photos app.

3. rotarypower101 thread starter macrumors regular

rotarypower101

Have you first hand experience doing this task specifically?

Can you please elaborate on your statement, as there are a lot of ways to misinterpret, since there are so many similarly named tabs and “albums”

Unless you did not read my question or the problems I seem to be having with this procedure?

4. liquidsuns macrumors 6502

I had this problem with video syncing too, until a somewhat recent update to either iTunes or the iPhone. Now, all I had to do was go to the "photos" tab in iTunes that comes up when you are syncing your iPhone and then select an option that asks if you want to sync videos too. So any videos (assuming you are syncing photos from iPhoto), in an event, album or face folder will sync to the iPhone.

5. rotarypower101 thread starter macrumors regular

rotarypower101

ah ha! it was so easy i didnt even think to look on the main page for it!
    perfect, and it works obviously

I really thought it would be peculiar that they would not allow us to do that, I looked through preferences and tried odd things but forgot to try the most obvious, opening my eyes and looking 1 inch up :shrug: :)

looking for a simple check box was the solution, i cant recall ever being prompted with a choice to sync vids.

Thank you!

[​IMG]

6. heomonica macrumors newbie

Can I recover deleted videos from my iphone? I failed to have them updated to my iCloud or my itunes account so that is not an option. Thanks!

7. Winona Northdakota macrumors 6502a

The whole point of deleting them is to get rid of them. No, when you throw something away, it is gone.

8. moldy lunchbox macrumors 6502a

moldy lunchbox

Upload video to Dropbox from computer, open that video on Dropbox app with phone, save to Photos and it'll be back in the Photos app.

9. Winona Northdakota macrumors 6502a

That won't help anyone who deletes a video from their phone.

10. moldy lunchbox macrumors 6502a

moldy lunchbox

Did you read the original post? The first sentence actually. "What method do you use to get you iPhone made videos back on your iPhone once removed by iPhoto?" He would have the videos stored on iPhoto and thus able to upload them to Dropbox..

11. Winona Northdakota macrumors 6502a

Do you know how to follow threads? I was responding to:

With: