Metro centre, Gateshead

Discussion in 'iPad Launch Meetups' started by Eves apple, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Eves apple, Feb 29, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2012

Eves apple macrumors member

Are there any people planning on a queueing for the iPad 3 this time?
    I was there for the iPad 2 last year and it was geekily fun :)

Never mind, I'm not queueing for that. :/

2. ConnorTurnbull macrumors 6502

I've queued in Newcastle for the last two generations. I really wish I could this time round, but can't get any free time that morning. Share some pics or something if you're there! :)

3. djely macrumors newbie

I've just called up the Apple store in the Metro Centre. Staff said that no times for opening confirmed despite the 8am launch time.

Just also called up the Metro Centre customer services and they said doors open at 9:30am on Friday, stores open at 10am...

On previous morning launches for other products what time has it opened?

Cheers

4. Mess macrumors 6502

Mess

Im tempted to go to either metro centre or eldon square, but have to be at work for just after 9 so if they are not opening at 8am its a big shame.

What have queues been like im previous years? Has there been queues?

5. Urban Splash macrumors member

I live in Whickham so Metty is ideal for me. Funny one though....I'm not sure how to get into the mall officially when a shop is open outside the normal opening times. They must of allowed access to places like Game for midnight launches. I suppose the queue would form at the entrance next to Debenhams, where the cash machines are just inside. That must be the closest to the apple store...

Of course, staff just stroll in and get access to the malls through the 'mirror' doors. However if you did this and stood outside the apple store the security guards would probably turf you out.

As for time.....I'm guessing even at 4 in the morning there will be people queuing somewhere....

6. Mess macrumors 6502

Mess