Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 25, 2010
I recently purchased the Metro Redux Bundle from Steam during the daily sale and I'm experiencing terrible performance issues on my GTX 775M iMac. Both games lag just as much on Low than on Very High. Strangely they work just fine on Very High on my MacBook Pro even tough it only runs on Intel graphics.

What's wrong here???

Tucom

Cancelled
Jul 29, 2006
Sounds like a conflict with the Nvidia driver on your iMac. Good to know it runs really well on OS X on your MacBook Pro side of things.

And by conflict I mean issue/problem/bug.

Sorry I can't be of more help here, but maybe digging into driver side of things may find a solution?

TallManNY

macrumors 601
Nov 5, 2007
I just bought as well. Great price for a significant game. I've played it a bit and it seems to run fine for me. But I haven't tried to see what FPS I'm getting yet. See sig for specs.

madeirabhoy

macrumors 68000
Oct 26, 2012
what are thoughts on how much better redux is than the original?
i bought the orginal ages ago, and didnt play it (usual steam sales), but bought the redux version on this sale. playing that on my mac side, i thought it sluggish and didnt think the graphics were great. last night i was in bootcamp, downloading wolfenstein (40 gigs !) and i saw id actually downloaded the original metro. played a bit expecting it to look older but it actually to me, looked brighter, the graphics were on a higher setting and looked better and the game played faster.

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 25, 2010
I've searched the internet and apparently it's a very common issue on Nvidia Macs. I looks like there's a bug which puts the GPU in 2D acceleration mode instead of 3D.

Guess I need to wait for an update... Unless there's a workaround?

Irishman

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2006
I've searched the internet and apparently it's a very common issue on Nvidia Macs. I looks like there's a bug which puts the GPU in 2D acceleration mode instead of 3D.

Guess I need to wait for an update... Unless there's a workaround?

I've heard nothing about a fix for nVidia equipped Macs. The developer seems less-than-communicative regarding its awareness of it, or its plans.

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 25, 2010
I've heard nothing about a fix for nVidia equipped Macs. The developer seems less-than-communicative regarding its awareness of it, or its plans.

Well, I'll just play them on my MacBook Pro then... where they are actually playable, even on Very High. (Even tough it's probably just ~25FPS, so I'll reduce the graphics to Low in order to get it between 40-60FPS - I can barely see a difference anyway :p)

I just hope that I'm not stuck with a bugged game forever! The developers do release updates to their games, do they?

Irishman

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2006
Well, I'll just play them on my MacBook Pro then... where they are actually playable, even on Very High. (Even tough it's probably just ~25FPS, so I'll reduce the graphics to Low in order to get it between 40-60FPS - I can barely see a difference anyway :p)

I just hope that I'm not stuck with a bugged game forever! The developers do release updates to their games, do they?

What year is your MBP?

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 25, 2010
Oh great, surviving these creatures is almost impossible and none of the cheats work. -.-

I guess I'm done with Metro for now...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.