Metroid Prime 3 Preview (not playable) on Wii Shop

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by Sky Blue, Aug 10, 2007.

1. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

If you take a look at your Wii Shop Channel, it's Metroid month! You can download a little channel that will stream some Metroid vids...so nothing too exciting..

I believe this is US only.

2. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

BAHHHHHHHH I'm downloading it now, i hoped it would have been playable. What a letdown :(

3. plinkoman macrumors 65816

plinkoman

Finally, I was beginning to think they weren't going to hype this game at all.

And finally I get to play Super Metroid again on the 20th. :D

4. cyclone84 macrumors regular

5. plinkoman macrumors 65816

plinkoman

Nothing more than a coincidence; they couldn't have put this together in two days. IGN was spot on with that editorial though, and thank god Nintendo is actually doing something now. They didn't hype Metroid Prime 2 nearly enough, and on that subject, they didn't hype Twilight Princess enough either and as a result, neither sold quite as well as they hoped despite being amazing games.

6. echeck macrumors 68000

echeck

I would think playable demos are in the future, although this is Nintendo so we have to take in to consideration their apparent view that online content isn't necessary. :rolleyes:

It's still cool to see them offering something like this, but it would be even more cool if they offered some exclusive content for the Wii rather than just trailers that you can see online.

7. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

I was hoping for playable, but was also worried about space.

<]=)

8. cyclone84 macrumors regular

I know.

I was simply pointing out the coincidence, but thank you clarifying that for everybody. ;)

9. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Bugger, US only. Preview channels? What a nice idea, package together screenshots and videos and little preview details in a single channel? I likes the sound of that.

A Brawl one is needed, even if it's nothing more than a mirror of the Dojo site.

10. atszyman macrumors 68020

atszyman

Why can't they port this idea to the VC and allow you to arrange your VC games in a channel for each individual console... or by game series...

I'm currently planning on picking up MP3: Corruption in the next couple months. Will I be at a huge disadvantage for never playing MP or MP2: Echoes?

11. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Possibly.

Spoilers in white- There's a nasty chemical thing called Phazon that goes about mutating things. Planets, reality, Metroids et al. Prime 1 see's you on Talon IV that's got a nasty infection of the stuff in a crator. Prime 2 see's you on a different planet that's reality has split in 2 from the Phazon. Phazon escapes that planet at the end.

12. plinkoman macrumors 65816

plinkoman

New videos are finally up. Nothing too spectacular this time, but more are apparently coming on thursday.

13. Sky Blue thread starter Guest

Sky Blue

are you freaking kidding me?????????!?!?!?!?

It's got freakin (spoilers) MOTHER BRAIN in it!!!!

14. plinkoman macrumors 65816

plinkoman

Oh snap! I completely missed that the first time through. :eek:

15. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

I thought those tubes were morph ball puzzles until it got to the component at the end. Then it became very clear what it was.

16. srobert macrumors 68020

srobert

Might be a good idea to delete the spoiler part when quoting. The darker "quote" background makes the spoilers visible. ;)

17. atszyman macrumors 68020

atszyman

or just modify the color....

normal posts don't quite have a white background and the "white" text can sometimes be seen if you squint hard enough, used to be worse (wonder if "white" has been redefined.

at any rate [color = #fafafa] will blend into posts like this

for quoting the color changes to [color = #eeeeee]