MetroPCS $50/mo unlimited data

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by psingh01, Feb 3, 2015.

1. psingh01 macrumors 65816

I've seen this advertised recently. How does this compare to the T-mobile unlimited data plan aside from tethering? It runs on the t-mobile network, but do you get the full speed?

2. Natzoo macrumors 65816

Natzoo

i don't know the answer but if it runs on a tmobile network wouldn't you be paying more because they are using their cell towers. i have att with 3gb of data and i should've switched to t-mobile long time ago when the unlimited plan was cheaper but i never go over 3gb

3. Icewater808 macrumors newbie

They are the same exact unthrottled, unlimited 4G LTE data plan. Every since T-Mobile bought Metro PCS, Metro PCS has been using the exact same towers/service as T-Mobile but at a cheaper pre-paid plan.

4. rigormortis macrumors 68000

rigormortis

the important thing about the $50 unlimited metro pcs plan is you have buy a phone from them, and right now you can't use it with an iPhone. you can't bring your own phone on this plan.

you might be able to buy a cheap android phone , and move the sim to your iPhone, but i haven't heard that this works yet

the other thing is you have to pay $5 for mobile hotspot

i don't see anything that says you get a lower speed.

I've heard metro pcs customers have their voice call compressed and t-mobile does not compress voice as much
    but i do not know if this is still true. i heard you can tell if someone is using metro pcs by the voice quality

5. psingh01 thread starter macrumors 65816

:eek: thanks for that info. that makes it a deal break for me.

6. jjfad macrumors member

Also I believe you don't get all the TMo bells and whistles intl data 2G and texting, streaming music, etc.

7. AppleRobert macrumors 603

Eligible devices must be 4G LTE for this plan and are limited and you have to buy one at MetroPCS and let them activate it. You cannot buy from another retailer and bring it in for this service plan.

Check their website for details.

----------

It is unlimited data, I wouldn't know why streaming music would not be in the mix.