Carrier MEXICO UNLOCKING from T-MOBILE

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Adam1988, Feb 10, 2014.

1. Adam1988 macrumors member

United States in Texas, After will be Europe.
    Hello fellas!

I was making a research on how to unlock iPhones from the company T-Mobile
    the reason is because i am moving to Mexico for a semester in school actually im going to transfer just for a semester in college. My question is regarding to an iPhone 5 Unlock from T-Mobile, is this quite possible? I have an iPhone 5 16gig white iOS6 bumping it up to iOS7 does the firmware affects?

Reason i have it pre-paid no contract whatsoever please help me
    i need to contact family from Mexico aunts uncles cousins relatives friends etc.

It will be an amazing summer journey but i will be so pleased and thankful about it. THANK YOU so Much!

2. iamMacPerson macrumors 68030

iamMacPerson

Where did you buy the phone? I ask because if you bought the phone directly from Apple and paid full price (Apple Retail, Apple Online, Apple Phone Orders), then the iPhone is factory unlocked. However, if you bought the phone through T-Mobile (T-Mobile Store, Best Buy, etc) then you would have to call T-Mobile and ask them to unlock it.

3. Adam1988 thread starter macrumors member

United States in Texas, After will be Europe.

Well the thing is that i bought it online but i really do not know where the phone originally came from... if it came from a company like best buy or tmobile or it came from originally apple... if there is a way to actually find out in the firmware
    or in other methods or ways please let me know is cause i want to be ready for summer and thank you so much!!!

:D