MGS4 delayed... again.

michaelltd

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 30, 2005
Bad news, Snake fans. Solid's first PlayStation 3 outing -- which was originally scheduled to hit consoles worldwide this winter and later slated to appear in March 2008 -- has slipped, with Konami announcing that game-hungry PS3 fans (which, let's face it, is all of us) won't get to try out the Octocamo in Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots until Q2 2008. For those of you who are quarterly-challenged, that translates to between April and June of next year.

A statement from the publisher said simply: "Konami has decided to delay the title's release in order to make further improvements to the quality of the game and provide even greater enjoyment for more customers worldwide. Konami will continue its efforts to make Metal Gear Solid 4 meet everyone's expectations."

Konami also promised to announce more information about the new release date in the near future.
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/831/831655p1.html

I'm sad now. :(

michaelltd

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 30, 2005
Well, I'm not depressed or anything, just a little bummed.

The good thing though is that when it does come out, I won't be as busy.

Comment

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Konami will continue its efforts to make Metal Gear Solid 4 meet everyone's expectations.
Everyone's expecting it on the 360 too so...

Comment

GFLPraxis

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
Metal Gear Solid 4 Officially Delayed

http://kotaku.com/gaming/breaking/mgs4-delayed-for-greater-enjoyment-for-more-customers-317087.php

KONAMI had initially intended to release "METAL GEAR SOLID 4 GUNS OF THE PATRIOTS" this winter and has been working on the production of the title. KONAMI has decided to delay the title's release in order to make further improvements to the quality of the game and provide even greater enjoyment for more customers worldwide.
*points and laughs*

Comment

GFLPraxis

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
If anything there'll be more PS3 owners by the time MGS4 launches. Still, missing holiday season might hurt sales. But then it won't be competing with a crapload of other releases as well...

The rumormongers will tell you that the delay is to make a 360 release of the game, but I suspect it's just wishful thinking. There hasn't been any solid evidence on that.

Comment

michaelltd

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 30, 2005
If anything there'll be more PS3 owners by the time MGS4 launches. Still, missing holiday season might hurt sales. But then it won't be competing with a crapload of other releases as well...
Well, it was going to miss it anyhow. Before this newest delay announcement, it was scheduled to release in Q1 of 2008.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.