Miami Vice Scene?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by bladerunner88, Jun 5, 2012.

1. bladerunner88 macrumors member

So am trying to remember a particular scene from the TV Show Miami Vice, Sonny Crockett is driving alone in the Ferrari at Night across a causeway in Miami. It starts out as a low angle shot of the car with the skyline of Miami in the background also I think the soundtrack may be Phil Collin's "In The Air Tonight." Can anyone please tell me which Show that Shot was from?

TIA.

2. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

Honestly, Macrumors has a large knowledgeable community base with a variety of interests so I don't feel this is the most unusual request you can find here.

However asking people to identify an episode off of a vague description from a show now more than 25 years old is probably going to be fruitless. Maybe if you buy a box set and veg out for a weekend.

Good luck!

3. bladerunner88 thread starter macrumors member

Ha Raid!

errr ok point taken, wait 25 years!? That must make me....oh never mind...

Cheers.

4. dmr727 macrumors G3

dmr727

5. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

6. bladerunner88 thread starter macrumors member

Yeah Thanks! No arguing that is very close to what i described, but could swear the scene am thinking about Sonny is driving alone over a causeway with water in the background.

Cheers.

7. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Are you sure it wasn't Magnum?. :p

8. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

Old age, it does things to the memory... ;) Or maybe you'll still have to do the Vice fest one weekend and let us know!

I'm glad others were able to help. Even though I'm quite good at a lot of pop-culture trivia, I wasn't allowed to stay up till 10pm when it was on the air so my Miami Vice knowledge is a little lacking. :eek:

9. bladerunner88 thread starter macrumors member

Ha Raid!
    No worries, might have to go the Fest route, Ah the 80's Fun Times! I remember thinking when used to visit that the whole of Miami and Lauderdale felt like just one big Vice Set, wether the camera was rolling or not!

Will definitely post if I figure it out.