Mic to Speaker

afawcett

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 23, 2010
San Diego
Is there anyway (Cydia included) that I can plug a cable into my iPhone and have the sound come out the speaker?

Altemose

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2013
Elkton, Maryland
Is there anyway (Cydia included) that I can plug a cable into my iPhone and have the sound come out the speaker?
You can plug a regular headset with a Mic and record it through Voice Memos to play back. There is no live Mic to Speaker combo, and why would you want that to begin with?

John T

macrumors 68020
Mar 18, 2006
UK.
This is not possible because the headphone jack incorporates a switch that takes the speaker out of circuit when the phones are plugged in.

afawcett

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 23, 2010
San Diego
You can plug a regular headset with a Mic and record it through Voice Memos to play back. There is no live Mic to Speaker combo, and why would you want that to begin with?
I have an Xbox plugged into a monitor, but I do not own any speakers (nor want to purchase them because I like my desk clutter free). The Apple headphones hurt after prolonged play sessions.

Really I want to play my Xbox on my iMac via Target Display Mode, but that's not possible.
This is not possible because the headphone jack incorporates a switch that takes the speaker out of circuit when the phones are plugged in.
Ah thanks for the information.