MIce in the wall

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by glocke12, Sep 14, 2008.

1. glocke12 macrumors 6502a

glocke12

Im kind of a neat freak, and a germaphobe, so I keep my place pretty neat and clean.

However, I live out in the country, so end up with bugs and critters from time to time.

Im pretty sure I have a mouse (mice) in the wall in room. I dont see droppings anywhere, but when all is quiet, I can hear them, and I also smell something also that could be from a dead mouse in the wall. The smell is pretty embarrasing, when people are over I try to mask it but I still think people notice it.

Any suggestions on what to do about the mice and the smell?

2. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

Sadly the smell is nothing you can do, however you can lay down killer, but you'll need to raise up the floor boards to get em, also, look around your house to look for any holes for how they got it.

We haven't had rats for about 10 years, but our neighbours decided to do knock in a wall, which let them all in, now almost every night I can hear them scratching away, we've tried everything, traps, rat poison, blocking in certain areas, they're here for good now, doesn't help that our neighbours also chuck entire loafs of bread into their lawn, so they've got food for life...

3. glocke12 thread starter macrumors 6502a

glocke12

thanks....I probably didnt help matters any by planting sunflowers up close to the house. Birds got the sunflowes spreading seeds all over which I am sure are attracting mice.

BTW, what do rat droppings look like? I know mouse droppings, but Ive seen a peculiar looking scat like material in my garage over the past week.

Its larger than mouse droppings, and is damp. It almost looks like small worms, but it is not anything that is or ever was alive.

4. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

5. roisin and mac macrumors 6502

Just to post the requisite juvenile contribution, I thought you were talking about computer mice :p

Anyway, I hope you get them out of your house somehow glocke, it can't be pleasant...

6. Gray-Wolf macrumors 68030

Gray-Wolf

Get some rat/mouse bait pellets, and put them near any entry points to where your hearing them/it. Keep pets away, but in a week max, they should be gone. I did it for 1 mouse and 2 squirrels. Hey, if they don't contribute to the rent, I'm evicting them. :D

7. Father Jack macrumors 68020

Father Jack

8. mcarnes macrumors 68000

mcarnes

Might be haunted. I saw on the discovery channel that demons will make scratching noises and leave a musty odor. Just thinking outside the box.

9. glocke12 thread starter macrumors 6502a

glocke12

well, that would not be bad if it was a succubus....

10. Father Jack macrumors 68020

Father Jack

That's the female demon .. right? .... :confused:

11. roisin and mac macrumors 6502

Yep ;)

12. Father Jack macrumors 68020

Father Jack

That's OK then .. :)

13. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

Agreed...cats are great.