Mice Recommendations? (I give up on the mighty mouse)

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by brgnewman, Jan 4, 2009.

1. brgnewman macrumors member

I am now on my third wireless mighty mouse within 2 years and I am having the same issue with this one now after months of use. The ball no longer scrolls down. Yes, I know all the common tricks to fix it from running it along white paper in circles, rubbing alcohol, etc etc.

I just give up with the mighty mouse; I am a apple person who loves everything Apple but this product I do not have respect for.

Can someone please recommend me a good bluetooth mouse for my macbook? I don't want it to have a receiver, I want it to have the ability to scroll every direction and also be programmable so i can still access expose and dashboard.

2. jshelton macrumors 6502a

I was at the Apple store blowing a gift card this weekend and picked up the Logitech v470. I asked two different employees how it compared to the wireless Mighty Mouse and they had no experience. I explained how I have read soooo many bad reviews of the MM and they seemed shocked. They said, "Really?!?!? I haven't heard bad things about the MM."

Oh well. I chose the Logitech because it was 49.99US compared to 69.99US for the Mighty Mouse. I love it so far but it is the only bluetooth mouse I have ever used. I can almost tell it is bluetooth if that makes sense. It seems to have a nanosecond delay or something. Maybe that is expected with all bluetooth devices. I suppose I will hang on to the v470 for a while. Plus, it is white and silver and looks beautiful with the white Macbook and Apple wireless keyboard. Good luck in your search for a mouse.